In 1928, the First Christian Church at the corner of Kane Street and Douglas Avenue was built by highly regarded Roseburg builder Walter Singleton. Origin of the plans is unclear, perhaps a company in Akron, Ohio provided them. The cast concrete structure is basically a two-story cube with a flat roof and stylized battlements emphasizing the cornice. A one-story, gabled wing on each elevation features a large leaded glass window in a Tudor arch flanked by vertical apertures; these windows fill nearly one-third of each wing. The main entrance to the church is on the east (Kane Street) side. The First Christian Church was established in Roseburg in 1889 and met in the home of C.A. Sehlbrede. There were 14 charter members of the church at this time. The church later met in the First Baptist Church and the courthouse before erecting a small wood frame church on the southeast corner of Pine and Woodward Streets.