The Roseburg Medical Arts Building was constructed in 1928 of cast concrete by Roseburg builder C. Albert Chamberlain, a Roseburg contractor. The building has a flat roof. The first story is a rectangular mass, the second and third stories are u-shaped, creating a large light well in the center of the building. Major pilasters divide each three-story mass into two vertical segments, which are further divided into four segments by three minor pilasters each, giving the structure a definite vertical emphasis. These pilasters extend above the roofline, somewhat in the manner of the adjacent Roseburg Armory. Second and third story windows have been replaced with steel casements; windows on the ground floor are also replacements, they appear to be close to the original fixtures. The main entrance is centered on the south elevation within a recessed archway. A shield with the words “MEDICAL ARTS” is centered over the archway. The Roseburg Medical Arts Building was planned and paid for by a corporation of local doctors and dentists, including Dr. George Houck, Dr. A. Seely, Dr. E.B. Stewart, Dr. Charles Waite, Dr. E.J. Wainscott, Dr. C.K. Bacher, and Dr. Clair K. Alien. It was the first substantial building in Roseburg devoted mainly to the medical and dental professions and its cost of $90,000 was paid by the shareholders of the corporation.