Located in the Mill-Pine Historic District, the Treaves Dysinger house is another example of a Mission style house constructed of wood, milled and painted to simulate brick. The two-story structure has a large porch extending along the west (front) elevation and a porte-cochere on the north elevation. The flat roof has wide projecting eaves supported by four-by-four beams. Windows are broad one-over-one.A front porch on the west elevation has a flat roof supported by two large square pillars; the heavy front door has four vertical lights of uneven lengths with diamond points at the bottom. Black paint between the “bricks” accentuates the style. A rough cement finish below the water table contrasts with the simulated brick. There is one internal chimney with a cap and an exterior chimney of white painted brick. A garage, also of simulated brick, is situated behind the house.
Treaves R. Dysinger, son of Ida J. and William L. Dysinger, was born in Oregon in July 1891. The residence was owned by the Dysinger family until 1924. Margaret and Lewis W. Metzger owned the house in the years 1937-1958. L. W. Metzger was a civil engineer and a local contractor. Metzger designed the Moffett Creek Bridge that is part of the Columbia Gorge Highway which was constructed in 1915.